IGNORED

WTB: Swaybars / Strut Brace

Hoybo

Hello gentlemen,

I figure while my car is in a million pieces, I'll enquire about sway bars and strut braces.

Anyone have any lying around they wanna part with? Obviously bigger than standard, there is no rear. :(

I may make my own strut brace, who knows.

Let me know, Ben. :)

Check very carefully for rust around the mounting location of the front sway bar. The clamps for the sway bar actually bolt to a bracket that is welded to the inside of the frame rail. On my car this bracket had rusted away, and eventually the remainder of the bracket pulled through the rail. (With the stock sway bar installed.)

The tell tail sign is when the frame rail develops cracks along the edges of the reinforcing plate that sandwiches between the bracket and the frame. By the time they appear the internal bracket is gone, and you are going to need to repair the frame rail.

Check very carefully for rust around the mounting location of the front sway bar. The clamps for the sway bar actually bolt to a bracket that is welded to the inside of the frame rail. On my car this bracket had rusted away, and eventually the remainder of the bracket pulled through the rail. (With the stock sway bar installed.)

The tell tail sign is when the frame rail develops cracks along the edges of the reinforcing plate that sandwiches between the bracket and the frame. By the time they appear the internal bracket is gone, and you are going to need to repair the frame rail.

Yep, already checked all that when I was taking it out. It's very very clean all around. I will however get a light up there and check again looking in.

Thanks mate. :)

If you don't care about looking "pure stock" - and if you plan to put some real strain on the anti-sway bar in front - you can drill straight through the frame rail bottom to top - and put thin steel plates in place to distribute the load along a greater area of the frame rail.