IGNORED

Rebuilding Weber DCOE 40 18k

theczechone

Hi guys, I got a set of webers of a parts car, and these need quite a bit of attention. I bought 3 rebuild kits from Pierce Manifolds. I looked through the kit to figure out where each component goes, but these two washer type gaskets got me a little confused. I took a picture and attached it. The only place I could think of was at the ends of the butterfly shaft to create a seal, but that's just a guess. Input is appreciated.

post-26759-14150820471522_thumb.jpg

Rebuild the carbs this weekend, the lemon juice works great on corrosion, but not so much on dirt, still ended up using carb cleaner and engine degreaser to remove the grime. Overall I am very happy with the results thou.

F349648C-04AF-48EA-A15E-D2D42B921952-265-0000001FF0A950D4.jpg

2179EF25-646D-4333-9421-1ABB1E8E2070-10421-00000FD4E54AABD2_zps8c5ae00c.jpg

The "choke" cold start assemblies were frozen up on two of these carburators, one of the brass gears is also badly bent and one completely broken off... does anyone have replacement parts for these? I can't find a US based supplier that offers these. Thanks