IGNORED

How to print out FULL SIZE 280ZX wirinig schematics

Wade Nelson

http://www.lucubration.com/pdf-tile-printer

This website will allow you to print a FULL SIZED version of Xenon's 280ZX schematics. (.pdf)

http://www.xenons130.com/reference.html

It annoints them with an ugly watermark, but ....it's free.

I printed the schematic out, full sized, tiled across 22 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 paper, and I intend to mount them on a sheet of plywood, and put clear plastic over so I can use dry erase markers to trace various circuits.

If each "X" is a regular size sheet of paper, it looks like this:

XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXX

My old tired eyes simply cannot handle tiny schematics anymore.

There are other ways to tile-print large PDF's, but none I've found as simple, fast, or cheap as this.

Once I used microsoft paint as it prints out many sheets for a large drawing but it doesn't tell you where they go and figuring that out can take quite a while. It also leaves a white border so I have to cut some of that off making sure I leave some on for taping together. It would be a chore for 22 pages though I have used it for 5 pages and that has worked well.

I had the same problem wrt tracing the wiring from the original fold out sheet from the FSM.

So I took a good copy to FedEx / Kinkos, had them enlarge it to 3' x 4', and then had them laminate the whole thing.

I now have a huge copy of the wiring diagram that I can use water based markers on to trace any of the circuits. Easy to roll up when I am done and store it away for the next time it's needed.

Cost was about $45 for the enlargement and the lamination. Definitely better than trying to strain my eyes and ending up tracing the wrong wires.

Mike.