IGNORED

1976 280z

ksechler

I've found a 1976 280z in the area that is in very good shape. It appears to be free of rust and in excellent mechanical condition. Seller wants $7,900. I'd like some confirmation from the resident experts that the car is worth that much. I did an NADA search that seemed to agree with the price (assuming the car is truely in excellent condition).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Its really hard to say if its a good price or not unless we see some pictures. Unless it is super low miles or has a celebrity owner I think $7900 is a bit on the high side. You can buy a really clean 240z for that kind of money. But if you want a 280z and this car is exactly what you want and is ready to be enjoyed then it may be worth it. Many 280z's out there have seen better days a long time ago so you could easily pick up a $3K car and but the time you are done with it have $8K in it. If its really what you want try to get the seller down a little and drive it home.

Its really hard to say if its a good price or not unless we see some pictures. Unless it is super low miles or has a celebrity owner I think $7900 is a bit on the high side. You can buy a really clean 240z for that kind of money. But if you want a 280z and this car is exactly what you want and is ready to be enjoyed then it may be worth it. Many 280z's out there have seen better days a long time ago so you could easily pick up a $3K car and but the time you are done with it have $8K in it. If its really what you want try to get the seller down a little and drive it home.

If you know anyone with a clean 240z that they are willing to part with I'd rather have one of those. I'm on the east coase and most of the cars around here are rust-buckets.

ksechler......Go the Ebay route , hunt for a California car,,seems that you have 8k$ to play with, figure 800$ + or - for transport and 6k$ +or - for decent Z, good luck in the hunt :cool:

If I go the ebay route I can't see it. I want to be able to crawl under it, push on the panels, lift up the carpet, take out the spare, and look for all those problems areas before I buy. Let's face it, as good as ebay may be it has bread another type of criminal.