IGNORED

Suspension and Brakes Upgrades! What do you guys think?

rjsang

I was looking around for some suspension upgrades for my '73 240z, and I came across Techno Toy Tuning. I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about them, if they are good quality, reliable, the works.. Tell me what you guys think!

Originally, I was looking at Arizona Z Car's Ultimate "Track-Pak." Now I know that the Track-Pak is more complete, but its really expensive. Although I would have barely enough for the kit, I was thinking that if I got the Techno Toy Tuning set up, I could save a few bucks for some other things.

What are your guys' thoughts? Should I get the suspension upgrades form Techno, and get some cheaper rotors and brakes? Or should I just dive into the Arizona Z Car's Track-Pak w/ the wilwoods and all? Would it be worth it just going all out, or is there a cheaper, just as good compromise with Techno Toy? Suggestions? I'm debating really hard about it and I'd like some ideas before I make my final decision! Thanks!

Techno Toy Tuning:

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z

ArizonaZCar:

http://www.arizonazcar.com/TRACK-PAK.html

I didn't see any brake upgrades on the Techno Toy Tuning site. They seem to want to sell piece parts whereas the Arizona Z Car site wants to sell kits. It just depends upon what your objective is, and how much you want to spend. The Track-Pack is clearly intended for racing use. I assume you could use it on the street, but it might be a bone crusher on rough roads.

On a side note, I wonder if those tension control rods on the Techno site would help with my car's high speed front-end steering shake...

On a side note, I wonder if those tension control rods on the Techno site would help with my car's high speed front-end steering shake...

No. I ran stock rods with urethane/rubber bushings and the steering was rock solid at 148mph at WSIR. Your problem is not with the stock TC rod unless its bent.

Techno Toy Tuning has great products. I have used them and know others that have their stuff on their cars.

I have the coil-overs they make and they are top notch all the way around.

Great price for great quality items.

Plan to buy more items from them as soon as she lets go of the wallet...LOL

What are you looking to do with your car? Race it? Track it? Auto-X? Street driving? Car shows?

Chuck

I was planning on having it mostly on the street, but be able to bring it to the track on the weekends. So would it seem that the Track-Pak is overkill for my use? If so, what kind of brake setup would you guys recommend with the Techno suspension?

Techno Toy Tuning has great products. I have used them and know others that have their stuff on their cars.

I have the coil-overs they make and they are top notch all the way around.

Great price for great quality items.

Plan to buy more items from them as soon as she lets go of the wallet...LOL

What would you recommend the brake setup in compliments with the T3's suspension gear? I'm thinking that I'll mostly have it as a daily driver, but I'd like to bring it to the track on the weekends..