260Z Transister Ignition Unit - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

260Z Transister Ignition Unit

Featured Replies

I have a 260Z and need a Transister Ignition Unit. I need to know if anyone has one or will a 240 or 280Z TIU work.

If you're talking about the unit on the right kick panel then I have one. The 240Z doesn't have one and I think the 280Z unit is different. I have both a 260Z and 280Z unit.

Chuck

  • Author

Chuck, How much do you want for it. The one I have is an E12 unit. My # is 916-549-6926.

Mickey

How's $45 shipped?

Chuck

  • Author

Chuck, If you know that it works, That sounds great. How do you want the payment?

Mickey

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

It works. I sent you a PM.

Chuck

FYI: The 280ZX distributor is a nice swap into the 260Z. The module was also used on a wide variety of Nissan cars, so replacements are readily available.

Very important to have the correct timing curve dialed into any distributor for your car. The timing curves in many of the later cars are set at the factory to meet emissions standards/tests and won't deliver the preformance desired in other applications.

I haven't been able to find a shop around here {Clearwater, FL} that still has a working Sun Distributor Machine, on which timing curves can be measured/checked/adjusted etc.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.