MSA Fusebox - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

MSA Fusebox

Featured Replies

I just installed the MSA fuse box in my 71 Z, but the original cover does not fit. Is there a way to use the original cover with this new unit? It appears to have mounting holes pre-drilled in the inside of the box for something but no other pieces were included.

Thanks for any insights

Mark

No can do! I am right there with you. At one time MSA offered a cover for the new box but it is NLA. I am not aware of anyone else fabbing a cover for this item.

Jim

  • Author

Oh well, I guess you don't see it anyway. I'll just store the old unit away with it's cover, in case I want to go back to totally original!

I'll just store the old unit away with it's cover, in case I want to go back to totally original!

I pushed the fuse connectors out of the plastic, soldered the rivets to the fuse holder part and reinstalled. This mod keeps the part cool.

If you do happen to find someone that fabricated covers for these, or come up with a asthetically pleasing solution yourself, please shoot me a pm :)

Not exactly a real priority for me, but it would be nice to cover it after the re-wire.

Edited by fiveleaf

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.