IGNORED

A drive in the 240Z - VIDEO

BoldUlysses

Well, I got the Z back on the road Wednesday night, with just enough time to do a little debugging before I drove my son to school the following morning on his last day of 1st grade, something he really enjoyed (both kids love the Z a lot more than I thought they would, incidentally).

Took some time to shoot and edit together a short video last night:

Complete with my stream-of-consciousness narration. Comments and corrections welcome.

40 years old... Think about that... If you bought a new Pontiac GTO in 1965... driving a 40 year old car would put you in a 1925 Ford.

If you have a 1970 240Z.... 42 years earlier you might have been driving a 1928 Ford... or perhaps a 1928 M/B SSK...

Today driving a 40 year old Z - you are still driving a relatively modern car.. If you have never seen one before, and it came out new today - you'd be down at the Dealership trying to buy one for $18,500.00 adjusted for inflation dollars.

Hey all , I enjoyed your video and I was remembering taking mine out after a long session of work . It is a awesome feeling of satisfaction knowing that you did the work . You have some nice country roads to cruise there in NC , I was just on holiday in NC and SC and took country roads and followed our gps around the state . Wished we had our 240 the whole time .

see ya

Chris

Matt:

Read your blog and really enjoyed it. Looking forward the the next installment.

Thanks Alex!

40 years old... Think about that... If you bought a new Pontiac GTO in 1965... driving a 40 year old car would put you in a 1925 Ford.

If you have a 1970 240Z.... 42 years earlier you might have been driving a 1928 Ford... or perhaps a 1928 M/B SSK...

Today driving a 40 year old Z - you are still driving a relatively modern car.. If you have never seen one before, and it came out new today - you'd be down at the Dealership trying to buy one for $18,500.00 adjusted for inflation dollars.

True about the Z actually being a modern car. It's got an alternator, all-synchromesh trans, rear defroster and normal switchgear, among other things—stuff that wasn't standardized barely 10 years before.

Hey all , I enjoyed your video and I was remembering taking mine out after a long session of work . It is a awesome feeling of satisfaction knowing that you did the work . You have some nice country roads to cruise there in NC , I was just on holiday in NC and SC and took country roads and followed our gps around the state . Wished we had our 240 the whole time .

see ya

Chris

Thanks Chris! We do have some nice roads—there's one just around the way lined with beautiful oak trees for a good 2-3 miles. Next time I do a video I'll take it down there.