IGNORED

The short fuel hose from the gas tank to the fuel pump on my 76

Healeyalt

I need to replace that section of fuel hose on my 76. The problem is that regular fuel line kinks when I make the bend to connect it.

Does anyone know where I can get "formed" fuel hose for that section of the fuel system?

I did do a forum search first before posting, but none of the threads mentioned where I could get a replcement fuel line for that section.

Or is there a way to make it fit without kinking it?

Thanks

Gary

One way to form hose is to fill it with fine sand, make a form (I used nails on a board) put the hose filled with sand in the form and then use a heat gun to warm the hose. Do this a few times being careful not to burn (melt) the hose. Let it all cool, clean out the sand, and the hose will have a bend.

My local AZ got a couple of 5/8" EZ Coils in as samples. As they were cutting some 5/16" EFI hose for me, I saw the little boxes sitting on a shelf. Realizing how this would help me with my fuel hose bending issues (replacing all my vent/fuel lines), I pulled one out of its box and exclaimed, "Brilliant! How much are these?" They told me they didn't sell them, but that I could take them both if I wanted. :)

They're made of stainless steel, BTW.