Rear disk brakes conversion handbrake - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rear disk brakes conversion handbrake

Featured Replies

Hi, I have almost completed the rear disk brake conversion on my 280z 77 with 240sx calipers, The handbrake cables seem too short, are the handbrake cables from the 240 longuer so I could reach or is there another solution ?

i have read multiple articles in which people say you have to switch the right cable to the left and the left to the right side.

Maybe that'll help?

succes

Hi, I have almost completed the rear disk brake conversion on my 280z 77 with 240sx calipers, The handbrake cables seem too short, are the handbrake cables from the 240 longuer so I could reach or is there another solution ?

Hey did you find a write up on how to do this? I'd be interested in taking a look at it... m

I used maxima calipers and I put the right caliper on the left and the left on the right and the E brake cable worked fine.

FWIW

For the 240SZ calipers, at least on the 240Z, you leave the cables attached where they are at the front of the cables, but at the rear where they attach to the calipers, you just swap the sides....so the right cable goes to the left caliper and vice versa. It works fine. The only complaint I have is a good way to attach the cable to the arm that sticks out from the caliper that is supposed to hold it. On the 240SZ there is a molded plastic thing that fits into the arm, but on the 240Z the cable is round and doesn't really stay in the arm well at all. Maybe I am missing some parts off the conversion or something? I used the Moderm Motorsports conversion on my 240Z and it didn't seem to come with anything....

Greg

  • 1 month later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Take off the bracket from the caliper that holds the ebrake cable, put it in a vice and compress the round opening where the cable is suppose to slide through. Do this a little at a time as you do not want to make it too small that the cable will not fit. Once you have the cable fitting nice and snug use the factory metal push in clips to hold the cable nice and tight. This is how I did mine and it works great.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.