720 Hp !!!!!! - Hybrid & Aftermarket - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

720 Hp !!!!!!

Featured Replies

  • 1 month later...

Isn't that a big block chevy 572 cu. in?

Does a big block chevy fit into the Z?

I was under the impression only small blocks did.

still in shock:surprised :surprised

720 HP yikes!

I want one!

I figure it will mount nicely behind the seats! Might need to throw an anchor on the front end though.

  • 1 year later...

Big block will fit - Small Block is obviously lighter and therefore more in keeping with the car. Have seen several big block drag cars.

A 572ci will require some modification (lots) to the engine bay. Know a friend that's putting one in a pristine 1970 240Z and it will not just slide right in. The car is having a whole "frame" built to help keep it from twisting due to the massive engine torque. I personally think it's overkill since the car is not even going to be raced. The person just has the attitude that bigger is better and that is not always true IMO.

Vicky

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I agree with you entirely Vicky - the SBC looks and feels right, similar weight, right size for the engine bay etc etc. The BBC is in my humble opinion fine for straight line drags but would be too big and heavy to use as a track car.

What a beautiful motor..........if done correctly (as installed in an early Z with the proper chassis mods) I believe it would be one impressive Z. For people with doubts....remember the 427 Cobra! Like one of the TV guys always says..."Does anyone need a car like that......no, but would you like to own a car like that.....absolutely!!! Can you imagine the rush you would get?

  • 2 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.