Gas Tank Straps - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Gas Tank Straps

Featured Replies

Are they anything like the 280z? I have some from a '78 you could get.

  • Author

That thread is 3 years old but I'll give it a try.

I always thought you could make up new ones from the right metal. They don't look too complicated, except for the threaded end.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
That thread is 3 years old but I'll give it a try.

The original creator of the straps is making new ones again. He's still working on it but I have hope that they'll be available soon.

They use Kevlar for a lot of stuff nowadays. Would it be possible to make Kevlar straps? They wouldn't stretch or rust, but the fittings on the ends would be difficult to attach, probably.

That thread is 3 years old but I'll give it a try.

Go to the last page of that thread, looks like there will be another batch soon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.