Throttle Linkage Improvements - Page 3 - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Throttle Linkage Improvements

Featured Replies

  • 10 months later...

Hey Zedhead, can you post a picture of what you did regarding the bell crank?

Here's a super simple drawing explaining the concept. There are several areas where you can shorten or lengthen the linkage to change the leverage ratio. I just went around and tried to get all of them starting at maximum leverage. That way, as you press the linkage effort keeps increasing consistently, starting low and going higher.

If it's set to start at low leverage, going to high, then the effort required goes from high to low to high when pressing the throttle, as the lever arm goes over the center of the pivot point (what I meant by over-center). I think that confuses the foot and leads to slow-fast-slow (or hard-easy-hard) throttle operation.

That was my theory and it seemed to work for my problem.

Bell crank leverage.bmp

Thanks ZedHead! I'm going to try that this weekend. If I get frustrated I might just go the Lokar cable route. It seems so much simpler...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I've also drilled a small hole the size of those small ''straw'' tubes from the inside out of the plastic caps of the linkage to squirt PB blaster or other lube. Worked for me, don't get throttle hang up any more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.