IGNORED

AMCO Front Overrider Bar

LUV2REV

I am looking for a front AMCO Overrider bar (with hardware) for a 1973 240Z. My preference of course is for one in excellent condition with no dings or damage. Will also consider a bar that needs re-finishing however. Is it possible that there is some NOS within the Nissan dealer network in the U.S. ? Does anyone know the part number for the 1973 front overrider bar ?

* I also posted this in the wanted section of the classifieds but thought it more prudent to enquire about the part number here.

The possibility of finding any NOS accessary items in a Dealer's inventory are quite slim. I'd say less than one tenth of one percent.

PN 99990-00062

That said - I'd suggest that you measure the length - center to center - on your bumper up-rights. Then specify that length along with the model year. Likewise if you find some for sale - make sure you see the tap measure showing their length before you send money. Can't tell you how many guys I know that have bought the wrong bar... one too short or too long... when the seller had no idea what they were selling.

As I recall - the "mounting hardware" - is just a few carriage bolts.

I would think that your best bet is E-Bay on something like this.

good luck,

Carl B.

I have one for the 240-Z. It mounts on the over rider guards. The chrome is great but it has a small bend in it where someone must have tapped something when it was on the car. It's not very easy to spot but it's there. I also have the rear with hardware, also in great shape. Let me know if you're interested..

I have one that came off a '73 240Z, it's in great shape and I'm sure we can come to an agreement on price. Send me a PM and I'll take some photos, measurements, etc. as necessary!

Edited by Rainman

The possibility of finding any NOS accessary items in a Dealer's inventory are quite slim. I'd say less than one tenth of one percent.

PN 99990-00062

That said - I'd suggest that you measure the length - center to center - on your bumper up-rights. Then specify that length along with the model year. Likewise if you find some for sale - make sure you see the tap measure showing their length before you send money. Can't tell you how many guys I know that have bought the wrong bar... one too short or too long... when the seller had no idea what they were selling.

As I recall - the "mounting hardware" - is just a few carriage bolts.

I would think that your best bet is E-Bay on something like this.

good luck,

Carl B.

Thanks for the great information Carl.

I bought mine in 1980 from Jim Cook Racing for my 73, (#1043b) still new in bag, same with the rear one. The drawings on the instructions reference it as 'AMCO Guard'.

The mounting holes for the '1973 Front Guard' is 30 1/4 inches center to center.

Bonzi Lon