Major Meltdown - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Major Meltdown

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks for the link! I know of one I'll need so far.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Just an update if anyone is interested, I found a shop here in Edmonton who specialize in restoration work. Since I have neither the time nor patience and especially no expertise, I have taken the car to them! The owner is going to restore my harness to original condition. I pulled most of the interior to expose the wiring and left him to it! I will be researching sound proofing here since that might as well be done while the interior is out.

Mark

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Well I'm back in business:)! Got the car back from my electrical guy, he pulled the dash and split the harness open to replace two main power wires and some connectors. Got him to install rebuilt clock, MSA blade fusebox, and my Retrosound stereo as well. Everything is working now! Going to add sound insulation before re installing the interior. I'm also thinking of coating the backs of the plastic panels with bed liner to eliminate squeaks. Here are a couple pics of the new stereo.post-18715-14150819223231_thumb.jpg

post-18715-14150819222761_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the new stereo.[ATTACH=CONFIG]54092[/ATTACH]

They have a new retro-sound dash unit coming out this month which has push buttons!

  • Author

I like the look of this unit, and my electrical guy was very impressed with the quality and innovation of the product.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.