IGNORED

Where can I buy the condenser (capacitor) for the alternator?

Healeyalt

I've been looking on-line with no luck. For example, I've searched Napa's site, Advanced auto, Courtesy Nissan, etc, and also did the a general google search.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these or does anyone have the part number for the condenser on the alternator so I can do better searching?

This is for a 76.

Thanks

Gary

It's a small item and might not be on a typical parts store web site. Baxter Auto, a west coast store, carries them, and has them through Amazon also - http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-02100-Ignition-Condenser/dp/B000BYELIM

I'd be surprised if Napa didn't have them if you called and asked, or paid a visit. It will be aftermarket though so you'll probably have to make a bracket for the body or make sure you get one that has a bracket.

You could also buy a set of points even though you have electronic ignition. They will come with a new condenser. I've measured a few and only found two readings, about 50 microfarads and 75 microfarads, if I recall. I doubt that a few microfarads will make a big difference.

If you're looking for 1976 stock that could be a search.

Edited by Zed Head

I'm no expert. It should work and I'm 99.9% positive it won't hurt.

For the record, I went out and measured one that I have in my garage and got 0.477 microfarads (477 nanofarads, tiny numbers). My memory lost some zeros.