IGNORED

1975 C110 (KHGC110 240K) Build

Adzmax

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are, the guy that I bought the car from was into Zeds.

I fitted the breather/fuel cap covers yesterday. They look great but the cover for the fuel cap was no where close to fitting so I had to sand it down. Finishes off the covers really nicely. I just need to find a new lock mechanism for the fuel cover as the one I have is missing the key hole cover.

20121028230610.jpg

20121028230547.jpg

Pulled the glass out over the weekend and the rest of the interior. The windscreen wasn't too bad, it obviously been replaced before because the sealant was still quite soft and workable. I used the heat gun and knife and managed to lift it out pretty easily in one piece, too bad it's chipped and needs to be replaced anyhow. The rear glass was a differennt story, the sealant was seriously hard and they heat gun didn't do much other than set it on fire :rolleyes:

My dad came up with the great idea of using his new Makita Mult-tool to cut though the sealant. It cut like a hot knife though butter, I would have been there for hours doing it by hand otherwise. We got the rear glass out with no scratches or cracks, I'm not sure if rear glass can be sourced?

20121103153934.jpg

20121103155100.jpg

I still have to clean up around the windscreen but both the front and rear seem to be in pretty good shape with only some very minor rust at the rear. On the drivers side there is a few clip mounts missing and some pin holes that will need to be fixed.

20121104181405.jpg

20121104181433.jpg

20121104181503.jpg

The inside looks pretty good too, some minor rust in the rear foot wells where water has sat around the drain holes and some surface on the sides but I'm pretty happy. Next will be the doors, and the dash which will be re-skinned.

20121104184003.jpg

Being the glutton for punishment I am, and wanting to use as many original parts as possible, I decided to bring in a rust GTR grill I found in Japan. It was a lot cheaper that most I've seen going at around AUD $700 and considering a replica grill is close to AUD $600 I figured it was good value. I knew I was going to have to do some work on it but I wasn't sure just how much. I picked up the grill from Aaron at Import Monster (http://www.importmonster.com.au) last week and took a look at it over the weekend.

It's rusty alright!

20121108201316.jpg

The top and back aren't too bad..

20121108201327.jpg

20121108201335.jpg

But the bottom is worse than I feared and will need to be replaced..

20121108201238.jpg

20121108201218.jpg

I'm not too fussed, I'll drill the pop rivets, dismantle the entire grill and then send the salvageable parts away for acid dipping and zinc plating. I'll take the bottom piece into a metal fabricator and hopefully they can knock me something up. Fingers crossed!

Yeah the paint on this is junk as you can see. It's going to be tough to track down a paint code for this. I do have some really nice pictures though but dunno how much help they'll be. It's not the same paint color as the rear panel is it?