IGNORED

Hole location for factory AC lines thru firewall

Kurbycar32

I'm adding a factory AC system to my early 260z and need to drill the holes in the firewall to pass the AC lines thru. I purchased the correct grommet but i don't have another vehicle to reference the hole location. I'm sure i could line up where everything goes and guess but if at possible I want this to look OEM. If any of you have AC and can grab some measurements and a picture for me on the hole locations I would appreciate it.

im not sure about the early 260 but i had a late 260 and the lines went in the same place where the 280 lines went.

if late and early 260 are the same then you do not have to drill any holes in the firewall for the high and low pressure lines.

From the factory there is a block off plate screwed over the holes. Just remove it and feed the pipes thru.

when you called it "factory" what did you mean by that? datsun factory or aftermarket factory?

post-24552-14150818207679_thumb.jpg

this is the engine compartment of a 260z with nissan factory a/c

post-24552-141508182084_thumb.jpg

Edited by hr369

That's pretty much the same place where the early s30 factory AC went through the firewall, so I'd venture to say hole location was unchanged throughout the s30 production. This is a picture of a 1970 JDM car with factory AC. We have not yet verified the AC lines are in the correct position.

post-17329-14150818210057_thumb.jpg

The car i have came with aftermarket air that was in shambles and missing pieces. I took the entire AC system out of a 280z at a junk yard so i could add it to my 260 since I know it was available as an option and besides this missing set of holes everything was a simple bolt on. My car does not have a block off plate which is why i asked for the measurements. I have done this same procedure on a fox body mustang and also a '97 Ford Ranger, they both had block off plates so i didn't have to drill anything. Heres a pic of my firewall, you can see its just flat steel.

post-23586-14150818210308_thumb.jpg

somebody welded up the hole. did you look from the inside of the firewall? if you scrape off the paint in the general area you can probably find the old holes. i think i see the faint outline of the top hole in the pic

post-24552-14150818214588_thumb.jpg

From the center of phillips screw head (upper left photo):

1" horizontal towards the driver fender

1 1/4" down /vertical to top copper line

From upper copper line: 1 1/8" horizontal towards driver fender

1 7/8" down/vertical to lower copper line

Measurements are centerline.

Again, 1977 factory A/C

post-23509-14150818216218_thumb.jpg

post-23509-14150818215528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Willoughby Z