Z keys - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Z keys

Featured Replies

That's curious... from what I understand you to be saying, that makes your key different to both mine and "carguyinok"s key. Do I understand you right?

Originally posted by Alfadog

That's curious... from what I understand you to be saying, that makes your key different to both mine and "carguyinok"s key. Do I understand you right?

Yes, you do understand correctly. The difference is in the location of the grooves that run the length of the shaft ONLY from what I can see.

I wonder if his key operates the 3 doors and the Ignition like mine or if he has separate keys for the doors and Ignition?

You out there carguyinok ?

The guy from OZ that I've seen selling "Taylor" brand key blanks on eBay USA, documents this difference in his auction and offers both types, BUT the head of the keys he sells isn't shaped the same (his are rectangular with corners rounded), and they say "Taylor" not the Nissan stuff that I'm looking for on a blank.

  • Author

Yes, on mine one key operates the 3 doors and the Ignition. The only other key for mine is for the locking gas cap (from the early 70s)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.