IGNORED

Bill introduced in Calif. to change smog exempt to '80

Arne

If I lived in CA, I'd be contacting my senators and representatives and let them know how I feel, especially those members of the Transportation committee listed in the flyer. Emphasize the sanity, and the talking points in the flyer I linked above.

Hmmm,

It would be nice if this passed as the smog exempt years rollback (or roll forward) has been stalled for quite some time.

If I remember correctly every three years, the smog exempt "last year" was rolled forward by one year.

The state stopped doing it at least 10 ( if not more) years ago. The last year of smog exemption has been on '75 for a while. It's probably been more as I remember looking forward to the day my '76 would be smog exempt and being let down and a little p.o.'ed that they stopped doing it.

The upside has been that because I have to deal with smog testing every two years, I am limited into how many engine mods I can make, and in my case how much trouble I can get into because of them.

BTW, good idea Arne about contacting our representatives, they do respond.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

It's hearing in committee has apparently been postponed until April 10.

This gives everyone more time to contact the committee members identified in the link in the original post. The committee reports receiving support from "roughly 450 individuals" in addition to several groups. They do tally these things.

• 2 weeks later...

(Part 1/3)

(Part 2/3)

(Part 3/3)

Well, hell.

The votes on roll call:

DeSalniere NO

Gaines YES

Harman YES

Kehoe

Lowenthal

Pavley

Rubio

Simitian

Wyland YES

However, three of the five silent when roll was called must have voted "no" later as it has been widely reported that the bill failed 4-3.