IGNORED

'75 280z

ksbeta

Photos: http://imgur.com/a/0Pney

Haven't had a chance to see it in person, but someone snagged these photos of it. Stock '75 280z... surface rust on hood, near windshield, and back right fender. Otherwise floor pans, frame rails, doors, deck lid, (common areas) are all purported to be in great shape. Mechanically, the owner says it's straight. Anything scare you off right away? My other car didn't have this type of rust, so I'm not sure how deep it might go.

Thanks in advance for your 2-cents.

Without hearing it run or having someone drive the car its hard to say. You really need to see all around inside and under the hood, its obvious the driver seat will need to be recovered. Every seller says their car runs good. If the L-tronic fuel injection system has been maintained and runs good the car is $1700 - $3000. If it has AC and works thats a plus. Looks like the floor has been Dynamat'd, could be a plus or minus depending on whats under it. Really need more info to be able to tell you go for it, walk away, or run. Is it local to you? If so make an appointment to go see it.

Second piece to think about, can or will you be doing any repairs yourself. Obviously the more you can do the better but think about what might need to be farmed out a pro.

My dos centavos,,,,do a rust check on the Z ill spots,do a long drive and check for vitals,such as overheating,oil pressure, brakes, clutch/tranny, rear end noise,front end play, electric components etc.Good luck on the hunt:cool:

Thanks for the input. I couldn't get a truck together in time to haul down a trailer, and someone bought it that afternoon; an hour after I was supposed to be there. Drat! The hunt continues for a solid '75.