Perforated Leather Headliner - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Perforated Leather Headliner

Featured Replies

  • Author
Great looking interior but no DynoMat? That is an excellent sound deadener........

Since the original sound deadener is still in place, we decided not to add another layer.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

First photos of the headliner installation are attached. So far so good.

Fixitman

post-16252-14150818824081_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150818824678_thumb.jpg

That looks great! Any chance you'll have it at Carlisle next weekend? I'd love to see it in person.

Chuck

  • Author

Maybe next year. The interior should be completed by the end of May, then the glass goes back in. A little more mechanical work and maybe completion by the end of June.

Fixitman

Keep up the good work! If you make it to Carlisle (to shop or just look) I'll be in the vendor area with 4 or 5 spaces and a tons of Z parts so stop in and say hi!

Chuck

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Fixitman, very enthusiastic to see more photos. Very nice work! Noticed no breather holes in the leather over the rear shock towers. Those holes in the original plastic are for the ventilation so you might get some extra exhaust smell in the cabin.

  • Author
Fixitman, very enthusiastic to see more photos. Very nice work! Noticed no breather holes in the leather over the rear shock towers. Those holes in the original plastic are for the ventilation so you might get some extra exhaust smell in the cabin.

Thanks for pointing out that the holes are covered. I'll see if the trimmer can punch them out.

These photos show the detail of the rear carpet with an attached pad and hold down rings and the storage compartments lined with carpet. I'll upload more photos as they become available.

Fixitman

post-16252-14150818826639_thumb.jpg

post-16252-14150818827281_thumb.jpg

Fixitman, What are your plans for seats and dash?

  • 2 months later...

Fixitman

Did you finish your Interior yet? would you sell finally such a kit? Im going to do more or less the same and if I don't need to reinvent the wheel, would be cool.

Let me know

  • Author

post-16252-14150819721216_thumb.jpgpost-16252-14150819721216_thumb.jpg

Fixitman, What are your plans for seats and dash?

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. I missed your post. Seats are Recaro LS's in matching leather. Dash will be stock. If it could be done, the cost would be prohibitive to cover the dash in leather.

Fixitman

Fixitman

Did you finish your Interior yet? would you sell finally such a kit? Im going to do more or less the same and if I don't need to reinvent the wheel, would be cool.

Let me know

  • Author
Fixitman

Did you finish your Interior yet? would you sell finally such a kit? Im going to do more or less the same and if I don't need to reinvent the wheel, would be cool.

Let me know

I'll ask if the pattern was saved and get a cost estimate. I believe a half hide is needed. Add a backing, insulation layer,binding plus labor and my customary markup and the headliner becomes very expensive.

Edited by fixitman

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.