IGNORED

Need help converting my 73 240z to fuel injected

mikes240zbuild

For a conversion like this you will need all the turbo harnesses and relays that come out of your donor car. It is important to get a complete car that has not had any of the inportant electrical devices removed. It would be incredibly difficult to replace a part that you had no idea you needed. The ignition switch has to be changed because it has the circuit to kick on the fuel injection. Maybe the switch that cmoes out of the donor car will work. Projects like these have been successfully done but with lots of reading and patience. Good Luck

There should be some complete EFI "take outs" around for sale as a number of 280 owners have gone to the early round top Hitachis to get away from degrading EFI systems. I know Steve Epperly has done several here at ZTherapy but I don't know what he does with the EFI "left behinds". If you'd like I can ask him.

Oh and 2.8 motors will work fine w/46mm Hitachis if that's what you are fearing..

He's planning for a turbo - L28t - so needs a turbo EFI harness. The L28ETs have their own harness, ECU, distributor, exhaust system, intake, etc. Most people buy a broken down turbo ZX and transplant everything they need over as esmit208 suggested. The alternative is to piece together the mechanical parts and use an aftermarket engine management system like Megasquirt.

Here's a good link for options - http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/forum/92-turbosupercharger/ The third one down is good for the transplant method. Look around the other sub-forums there for alternate EMS.