IGNORED

Need 1978 280Z header suggestions

dankfrye@charter.net

I discovered that my exhaust manifold has a crack at the #6 stud and I also broke all three of the large rusty studs at the flange the the exhaust. Instead of trying to get the exhaust manifold repaired, I thought about getting some MSA headers since I have about a $200 credit. I know that I will not see any extra performance with the engine stock and I don't want a very loud noise. Can anybody give me any comparisons between the 6-1 and the 3-2 headers. I will be attaching them to my stock exhaust for now. Iwas also wondering if one fit and installed better than the other.

Thanks,

Dan

My #6 stud was broken also and had a bad leak so I read & read and decided on the MSA 6 to 1 because I will upgrade to the 2.5" premium system they have and most of the members like that set up. Easy installation from what I've read. But, and a big but! was while I'm this far how much more trouble would this be......and so on. Now I have 1/2 my motor in the hatch and the other on a table covered with a sheet. So 6-1 was my choice.

I'm thinking this was the write up that made my decision. http://datsunzgarage.com/engine/ scroll down to #11, exhaust system. I have the ceramic coated one and it has a finish that looks like stainless steel, kinda hate putting it on it looks so good sitting on my guest bed.

Edited by siteunseen

Same situation but different:My wifes 620 was built with a header,because i had it,so i figured what the hell?Well,i have the factory manifold going back on as time allows.If you do the header,take it to a machine shop and have them check the flanges for straight-ness.THen use Ultra-copper on the gasket and let it COMPLETELY cure before starting.