IGNORED

Dome light

Pomorza

Hello all

The dome light in my Z recently stopped working. I checked all the fuses (all but the radio one is fine, I don't own a radio so, its not needed). I check the wire connection to the light and they're all clean and nice. I replaced the bulb and nothing, no light, nada. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Jan

Also check the contacts and innards of your dome light to see if they're charred/melted. Mine looked a bit toasty. I sweetened one connection with a bit of solder (carefully, because the parts are held by plastic), and I replaced my incandescent bulb with an LED to radically decrease current demand on the circuit.

Check the wiring to the door jams. Could be that that little switch is stuck and not completing the circuit.

Chase

Or extreme crustiness in the switch. Get a good spray contact cleaner with lubricant, one that is not safe to inhale and is enthusiastically flammable (not De-Oxy, which is fine stuff for its intended uses, de-oxidizing lightly corroded signal-carrying connectors) and spray the heck out of it.

Remember to pull the fuse or disconnect the battery.

Chris

How does one exactly check that wiring in the door jam, does it unscrew or something?

The little chrome cap that you can see pops off with some persuasion, just be careful not to let the switch fall, it's a pain to fish back out. After the cap is off you should be able to pull it out and unscrew the wire.

Hope this helps

Chase