IGNORED

Terry's Project 240K

tez240k

yeah i noticed few of my mates using that method. might do it for the next mask cheers.

Little update: Got my service manual in the post today which should be a little help when im putting it back together.

ANd this weekend, im picking up a whole 240k for free thats been sitting in a paddock for parts. The bloke is a champ for letting us take it :) will get a few panels i can cut out to replace my rusty ones, will take the whole tail light assembly along with another one the bloke gave me so i will have 3 to fix up. its also got a good passanger seat and few interior bits.

Theres another one sitting there that was used as a rally car! even got a roll cage in it. But wait till you see the pics. the rustiest thing ive ever seen! yet its got mint chrome mirrors on it that i will take.

Im also starting to strip the motor down ready for rebuild. Im thinking: valve seat grind, stem seals, all new gaskets, rings, bearings, hone the bores, maybe port the head a bit. And get the twin carbs reconditioned.

all coming along slowly :)

• 2 weeks later...

havent done a whole lot. Stripped a tail light garnish and started sanding it down ready to paint

But my mind is set on some widened steelies for the 240K. theres a place here in sa that widens them but its quite pricey. I wanna go for jdm look with as wide as i can go with stretched tyres.

Anyone had experience with widening steelies or know of any rims that will suit or the best offsets?

rather than go the typical 'chaser' rims like off a R31, thought the crappy ones on it would look cooler if they were widened

Damn nice wheels and cheap, im chasing some plastic window guides not sure if four doors have them.

Was going to post pic for reference, but cant find the only one i have :( was showing a mate to see if he could machine them up but dont know where i left it now.