Dual Master Cylinder Advice - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Dual Master Cylinder Advice

Featured Replies

Looking for an upgrade to dual master cylinders. Running Brembo 4-piston calipers all the way around. Would love a little more pedal control & not sure a single master cylinder is the right way to go, even with proportioning valve.

Searched forums but didn't come up with any answers.

Any advice?

What exactly do you mean by "more pedal control"? Dual masters will take quite a bit of work to adapt and you will lose power assist.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I saw that on your page. My comment was directed to the OP.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Ok, thanks guys. Guess I deserved Bruce's comments.

What I'm trying to do is get more boosting when braking. Perhaps the dual setup is totally wrong.

I'd like the big brakes to feel like big brakes, ie. step on the brake & car stops more easily. It does now take more pressure than I expected & almost feels like I have no boost.

Any recommendations. Really.

  • Author

thanks john. I have a 280 mc now. Which booster would be better & will it work without having to modify anything else?

  • Author

I'll try to post a photo of the current setup to get a better idea.

You're going to have to experiment with different boosters. There was a bolt pattern change on the booster where it bolts to the firewall. Occurred sometime inn 1973 so you might have to re drill your firewall if you have an earlier car.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.