Proportioning valve on 71. (10\70) - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Proportioning valve on 71. (10\70)

Featured Replies

Anyone have a picture of the proportioning valve on a (10\70)71 240? I believe its different than the 73 and mounts in back. If someone has picture of the valve and/or picture of how the hard lines are routed to it, it would be very helpful. Also..the brake warning switch is still mounted on the driver side of engine compartment right? Thanks.

Brian

Ayar or more ago I couldn't find a prop valve for my 1972 Z. I got an adjustible valve and it works great.

Here is a photo of the back lines on a 7/70.

post-15138-14150816856275_thumb.jpg

Brake warning switch is on the drivers side, below the brake booster, mounted above the frame rail.

Bonzi Lon

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks. Looked again tonight and couldnt find valve so I guess I'll order the adjustable one from msa.

  • Author

Thanks blue. I see it there. Just ordered adjustable one from jegs for 40 bucks. Guess I can mount it there or in the front somewhere. Might be easier to get to in the front. Picture helps and I appreciate it.

Brian

  • Author

Is the brake waring switch the same between 71 and 73? It appears to be the same.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.