Found 1972 Survivor with 5,400 Miles? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Found 1972 Survivor with 5,400 Miles?

Featured Replies

In my recent quest for an early rust free shell for a possible project I am considering I came across a 1972 Survivor which reportedly has only 5,400 Miles. Completely rust free and original, VIN#HLS30-57877. It is for sale for $30,000.00.

Contact: jasonwhitney78@gmail.com

I have no association with this person and can not verify the information but if interested you can confirm the information. Like I said I ran across this car by accident and it does not fit what I am looking for.

JLP

  • Author
In my recent quest for an early rust free shell for a possible project I am considering I came across a 1972 Survivor which reportedly has only 5,400 Miles. Completely rust free and original, VIN#HLS30-57877. It is for sale for $30,000.00.

Contact: jasonwhitney78@gmail.com

I have no association with this person and can not verify the information but if interested you can confirm the information. Like I said I ran across this car by accident and it does not fit what I am looking for.

JLP

I will have to apologize to Jason Whitney:ermm: the correct contact information is:

Jason Tielens jasnt121@gmail.com

JLP

Can you ask Jason post some pics of the car? For $30K I'm guessing it's a pretty nice specimen.

Is it located in Indiana?

is it a 72 red 240z? when i was at the cleveland convention there was a gold medalion red 72 zed with around 4500 miles. the owner only drove

it to get the mail at the end of his driveway. i wonder if it's the same one, as there can't be many zeds with that low miles.

post-5718-14150816795246_thumb.jpg

$30K sounds fair to right buyer. I wonder what it would pull going accross the auction block at a Mecum Auction? That would be a perfert candidate for John Kraman to go on and on about. I think it would pull good money if put up in Mecum Monterery in August.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I have attached some photos of the car. I am waiting for more information this evening. The car is located in Southern "inland" California.

Has reportedly been in same family since new, like I said I am not representing this car in any way and as of now have no way of confirming the provenance of this car.

Will update post after I talk with Jason. JLP

post-7454-14150816795956_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150816796067_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150816796234_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150816796308_thumb.jpg

Edited by JLPurcell

That engine picture looks questionable for such mileage to me.

  • Author

I agree, it is clear that the car has not been stored in a controlled environment. All of the bare metal parts in the engine compartment show signs of oxidation. But that can all be take care of but does hurt the over all value of the car even if the car is a 4500 mile car.

In the picture you posted the odometer appears to read "54558" so your initial title would be closer to correct.

And of course if it has truly been under the control of a single owner for decades there is no way to confirm that it is 54,558 and not 154,558 or 254,558.

I am not intentionally casting aspersions, just pointing out the obvious.

Its a s2 car? Who pays 30k for that?

S2 in 1972 was the first 113 green (love that color)...

But you are right, way too high. 54K miles, I'd say 8K if battery, frame rails, dog legs and gas hatch rust isn't there. Battery pulled out might mean no rust underneath...

Gentlemen (and Ladies) .......... Mr. Moore suggests that the car has 54k miles based on what he sees in the odo pic. I've copied the same pic and enlarged it and I just don't see the same. So untill someone can provide more "proof" of the actual milage, I think we should just trust Mr. Purcell and the description he provided.

That being said, I also think 30k is too much for this example.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.