IGNORED

Fuel Rail Upgrade for Carbs

Duffman

You can check out this link where I've provided a pretty detailed description of what I did on my car.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?43489-Braided-SS-fuel-lines&highlight=AN+fuel+lines

So far I have not had any vapor lock issues even though the fuel log is secured to the manifold through an aluminum bracket.

I really like how solid the installation turned out as well as how it looks.

Mike.

I always wondered why Nissan routed the fuel lines to the front of the engine bay after the mechanical pump was dropped.

I am guessing that they wanted to keep the fuel away from the exhaust and header as well as to get some cooling in front of the hot motor.

It sure would be convenient and tidy for the fuel line to come up on the left side of the transmission tunnel and then stop between both carbs and feed fuel from below.

Mike, that is exactly what I was thinking... but to use el-cheapo air tool manifold and brass barbed fittings.

The ZCCNE club racer has a similar design but the fuel header is on the firewall right of the brake booster.

Here is another kick at the can by our UK buddies:

27625754007_large.jpg

Looks good, Mike, but am in need of a return line to the tank. Am using the SUs and am looking for a round trip fuel line circuit. Was hoping for something that would route the fuel from the mechanical fuel pump to the carbs and then back to the tank. Your setup looks great with your triples!

Interesting setup, Blue, in the MG.