IGNORED

Lime-yellow 240Z in Napa-San Francisco area wanted for Film shoot-Documentary

motorman7

The Maestro Film is looking for a Lime-yellow 240Z for a documentary film that they are making. If anyone can help out, that would be great. Below is information from the Maestro Film contact. Thanks!

Dear Classic Zcar owners,

Hello! My name is Jocelyn, and I am working with filmmaker Mark Tchelistcheff on a documentary about his great uncle, André, "the Maestro" of wine (see below for more information). I am posting through Rich Scharf to the Zcar community in hopes that you might be able to help us out.

Mark, is creating a self-funded labor of love documentary film to honor his great uncle. One of the scenes he is trying to re-create, is his great uncle André driving through the vineyards of Napa Valley in his lime-yellow 240z, surveying his labor of love (the wine grapes!), and living larger than life.

We are filming in Napa Valley from September 28th to October 5th, and would love to film someone zipping through parts of Napa as André did.

Ideally we would like to schedule this part of the film between October 2nd~5th, or on September 29. The shoot would take 1, possibly 2 days.

As we don't have a big Hollywood budget to make this film and paying for much of the film out of pocket, please accept our sincerest thanks for your generous consideration in participating in our labor of love film to honor André Tchelistcheff. At this point, the best non-Hollywood incentive we can offer is gas reimbursement, an interesting experience, nice company, and beautifully shot documentation of your 240z in an important film (and some really good wine, too!)

Please contact me at your earliest convenience, and let me know where you are located, and what might be possible. If you email, please include “YOUR NAME’S 240z” in the subject line.

About André and the film:

André Tchelistcheff was a seminal figure in developing the Napa Valley after the repeal of prohibition, and in nurturing the winemakers who put Napa on the international map for great wine. This was the case in the now-famous Paris Tasting of 1976. According to a panel of France’s most glorified wine connoiseurs, two California wines bested their French counterparts in the head-on blind tasting competition. The two winning winemakers had more in common than their Calfornia roots: they both attributed their success to a higher power: André Tchelistcheff. André is still revered in Napa, and his legacy lives on throughout the world.

http://www.themaestrofilm.com/

We really appreciate your support in our efforts.

Sincerely,

Jocelyn Fabello

Production Manager

jocelyn@themaestrofilm.com

for Mark Tchelistcheff

Grand Nephew of André

Director/ Producer

The Maestro - André Tchelistcheff - The Voice of Wine

post-19125-1415081629656_thumb.jpg

Not even food and lodging? Geesh! Ask if their film crew works for free, or whether they are simply reimbursed a few of their expenses. It's sad that everything these days is expected for free.

Hey, I'd barter for that ______ (insert name of desired major part upgrade) I've been drooling for. I'd send an email with “Use of YOUR NAME’S 240z in exchange for THAT THING YOU'VE BEEN WANTING TO BUY” in the subject line. Seems fair: If you benefit from the car, then contribute somehow to the car.

I don't think that not having the budget to pay for the use of a car for a few minutes of filming is a bad thing, considering that this is not really intended to be a film with wide appeal or to be a commercial success.

Mark, is creating a self-funded labor of love documentary film to honor his great uncle.
That said, one can't expect to have others that don't share the vision that has led to this film to go out of their way (both in time and financial expense) for this. I'm sure that the film maker fully expected that there was one or more yellow/lime 240Zs that were reasonably local to the location. Edited by Arne

It looks like there is some budget, if they are willing to buy a car or paint a car. From the bay area craigslist:

Hi!

We are shooting a film in Napa Valley Sept. 29, Oct. 2~5, and Oct. 10 and are looking for a working 240z to film zipping through parts of Napa

Please contact me ASAP:

**if you have a lime-yellow 240z

**If you are willing to let us paint your 240z

**if you have a working 240z you want to sell

Please put "240z (color)" in the subject line of your email.

Thanks, and look forward to hearing from you!

(Email or by cell: 510.778.2066)