IGNORED

Aluminum or Fiberglass front spoiler? Which is better or rather have?

WingZr0

From experience, I'd rather have plastic/fiberglass. Aluminum wouldn't give or break when you hit something like a small animal or some other obstruction in the road, causing more damage to the vehicle itself. I once hit a possum near the fairgrounds when I lived in La Verne. I shredded my fiberglass spoiler but didn't do any damage to the valence.

Edited by sblake01

Hi Blake :) Long time no see LOL! Your right. Need to find a fiberglass mold maker. I know of one already to tell the truth, but i'm doing a Grille in aluminum as well and thought a spoiler might work too. It'd be interesting to see those SPARKS FLY on race day with such a spoiler scraping the ground all the time. Bad idea! LOL:)

Yeah allow would cheaper to make and fix. Just hammer it out. But but the one i have in mind would have to attach to the stock lower Valance so if the spoiler takes a hit most likely it will damage the lower valance too. And yes it's the initial mold for fiberglass that gets pricey but the product that comes from it are consequently cheap.

I'd rather see one made of ureathane. A bit more flexible and not likely to shatter / transmit as much force to the front valance when it hits stuff.

+1 - I had a fiberglass one on my Z for a few months - until I hit a parking lot concrete curb piece and it messed up my valance (and cracked the fiberglass), so had the valance repaired and tossed the spook.