IGNORED

Burlingame Cars in the Park

Oiluj

Displayed my car at Burlingame's "Cars-in -the-Park" today. There were about 240 cars of all types, with the majority being 70's muscle and vintage 1930's to 1960's. I was parked next to an swe-ee-et 1963 split window corvette. The corvette owner & I were joking that one could buy 4, (or more), 240Z's like mine for the cost of his classic vette.

I was very surprised to find my humble little Z garnered maybe 3X the interest than the corvette! I must have heard 40 stories of people's fond recollections of riding or driving one years before. Also received a number of compliments on restoring a classic Z. It clearly resonated with many of the people who attended.

I was even more surprised to win one of the "Sponsor's Choice" awards. Kinda nice to have the car and my efforts recognized.

post-15388-14150815756196_thumb.jpg

post-15388-14150815756634_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oiluj

Nice Julio, I keep waiting for you to get some bugs on the windshield and come on up to the Reunion events... You have to meet Madamba, Parmley, Cook, Mill and the like... But, beware! They will try to get you to take that garage/trailer queen and get her out on the track!!!

FWIW, she's no trailer or garage queen. I drive her about twice a week, as long as it's dry out. In early September I'll be driving her to the LA area, and have tentative plans for a drive to Vegas with a buddy.

I have made plans to do a fun-run autocross this Summer, but have no intention of taking her on the track. I don't have track tires, but more important, don't want to add more rock chips in my nice paint.

I look forward to attending one of your Sacra-tomato gatherings one of these weekends when I don't have "honey-do", sailing and family obligations. It's just a matter of time.