IGNORED

Efficiency potential of the L28 (MegaSquirt)

FastWoman

2) 1)Purely your opinion. 2)Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all, you know.

3)3) Really. Why bother upgrading at all. They are like, so old.

1)True.However,my "opinion" also happens to be fact.

2)We are not talking about aesthetics-we are talking about function.

3)Try reading the topic title.

Oh I forgot to add the cost of the ford EDIS-6 ignition can be around $100 or less. I mounted the DIY Autotune trigger wheel to my stock crank pulley and fabbbed up a small bracket to hold the magnet. This thread is about the efficiency potential of the L. Without changing the fuel and spark system to a flexible system, you will not be able to "push" a given motor to its full potential in power and/or efficiency.

Oh I forgot to add the cost of the ford EDIS-6 ignition can be around $100 or less. I mounted the DIY Autotune trigger wheel to my stock crank pulley and fabbbed up a small bracket to hold the magnet. This thread is about the efficiency potential of the L. Without changing the fuel and spark system to a flexible system, you will not be able to "push" a given motor to its full potential in power and/or efficiency.

The Ford EDIS-6 ia good way of reducing the cost.And the system works well.A lot of FI conversions use it.

Dave, what would be your expectation for the hp and mileage improvement on a N/A, stock (completely original), original compression ratio '78 engine with MS fuel control, ordinary injectors, and EDIS ignition? As I've said, my preference is to keep the old hardware, just because there's something cool about it, but if the improvements would be great enough, I could be lured to the dark side. ;)

And Art, are you saying that I can achieve 280 hp with MSII, stock injectors, and normal aspiration, just by canning the AFM and using the larger throttle body? If so, that's darned impressive!

I'd expect at least 30mpg on highway trips, given that the tune is done well.

And no, you will not gain anywhere near 100hp from removing the AFM and installing a larger throttle body, but that's not what Art was getting at. That much power from an NA L-gata will take an engine build, but MS has the power to support all sorts of engines, and therein lies its beauty.

1)True.However,my "opinion" also happens to be fact.

2)We are not talking about aesthetics-we are talking about function.

3)Try reading the topic title.

You said...

"2)Correct.But not without serious engineering to retro fit.ANd the benefits gained do NOT warrant the expense."

You admit there are benefits then state they aren't worth the expense. How can you possibly know how much those benefits are worth to another person? Therefore your statement is not fact as you can only speak for yourself. It may be fact that YOU don't think it warrants the expense but that isn't what you said.

When you quote me don't add edits to my quote. You should really know better than that.

The beauty comment was a commentary on the value of the benefits of sequential. Some might find it to have a much greater worth than you. Thus "eye of the beholder". Might have been a little subtle for you.

What does the age of the L series have to do with anything? It shouldn't be upgraded to sequential because it's old? I was obviously, at least to most, being sarcastic.

Steve

You said...

"2)Correct.But not without serious engineering to retro fit.ANd the benefits gained do NOT warrant the expense."

1)You admit there are benefits then state they aren't worth the expense. How can you possibly know how much those benefits are worth to another person? 2)Therefore your statement is not fact as you can only speak for yourself. It may be fact that YOU don't think it warrants the expense but that isn't what you said.

3)When you quote me don't add edits to my quote. You should really know better than that.

4)The beauty comment was a commentary on the value of the benefits of sequential. Some might find it to have a much greater worth than you. Thus "eye of the beholder".5) Might have been a little subtle for you.

6)What does the age of the L series have to do with anything? It shouldn't be upgraded to sequential because it's old? I was obviously, at least to most, being sarcastic.

Steve

1)Because i've been wrenching for 40+ years.And retro fitting sequential to an L-motor is NOT a good return on investment.Bang-for-the-buck for some people

2)No,my statement is fact.

3)I didn't edit your quote.

4)Again,EXTREMELY limited and expensive value.

5)Nothing is too subtle for.However,your comprehension has an issue.

6)I didn't reference age as an issue.YOU made a smart arse comment about it.

Edited by Z train

1)Because i've been wrenching for 40+ years.And retro fitting sequential to an L-motor is NOT a good return on investment.Bang-for-the-buck for some people

2)No,my statement is fact.

3)I didn't edit your quote.

4)Again,EXTREMELY limited and expensive value.

5)Nothing is too subtle for.However,your comprehension has an issue.

6)I didn't reference age as an issue.YOU made a smart arse comment about it.

2) You must not know what a fact is as (1) clearly states that some might believe the bang for the buck worth it. A fact is always true. Not just when you say it is.

3) One of these things is not like the other. What's with the extra numbers? Did they just magically appear? Or did you get confused and start typing in the quote.:finger:

post-14809-14150815633953_thumb.jpg

4) And clearly not your place to decide if one feels the expense, however much, is warranted.

5) I guess after editing my post you are the one who could no longer comprehend it's meaning. Again, maybe a little confused.

6) So your statement "3)Last i checked,L-motors are 37+ years old. " had nothing to do with age? WOW.

2) You must not know what a fact is as (1) clearly states that some might believe the bang for the buck worth it. A fact is always true. Not just when you say it is.

3) One of these things is not like the other. What's with the extra numbers? Did they just magically appear? Or did you get confused and start typing in the quote.:finger:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46796[/ATTACH]

4) And clearly not your place to decide if one feels the expense, however much, is warranted.

5) I guess after editing my post you are the one who could no longer comprehend it's meaning. Again, maybe a little confused.

6) So your statement "3)Last i checked,L-motors are 37+ years old. " had nothing to do with age? WOW.

Are you suggesting that i am the only one of this opinion(sequential FI)?

Everyone will have differences of opinion. But this is bringing an argument between two differences of opinion and taking away from the thread. Fast woman is smart enough to go the best route for her with all the info already given out.

Maybe take it to PM's so this thread can get cleaned up?