IGNORED

Zs-ondabrain I need your help

240ZGL

The alternator conversion works great, but I have a 73 with the fuel pump relay that stays on. I have done a toggle switch on the yellow power wire but this is not a great solution. I want to do a Bosch relay, that uses a switching wire from the on side of the ignition switch. I just can't figure out the Bosch relay. I think the yellow wire that feeds power to the FP relay should be wired 30 in and 87 out to the relay. Do I switch the Bosch on with 85 and ground 86 or the other way around.

The polarity only matters if the relay has a built is fly-back diode. This an option, most do not have this feature. Test with a multimeter to determine or connect pins 85 and 86 to the battery through a taillight bulb. If the relay has a diode the lamp will light in only one polarity. If there is no diode the lamp will not light at all.