IGNORED

WTB: Datsun 240K Coupe

degruch

• 2 months later...

No probs, hijack away!

I haven't found project cars too difficult to locate (although not necessarily 'cheap') and I've knocked back a couple here in SA...I want a good runner though. If anything pops up for you, I'm happy to pass on details. Spread that Kenmeri love! :)

Sorry to hijack your thread but I'm also looking for one but I don't care if it needs restoring or it's a rolling shell I live in qld but am willing to freight the right car

Cheers Dan

Sorry again for hijacking the thread

a word of advice - patience is going to be your greatest friend.

been searching for 3 or 4 years and only just bought one. had to ship it over from cairns too (I'm in SA).

also don't be overly fussy on condition... be prepared for a full restoration and then if you find one in okay condition then you're one step ahead.

cheers,

declan.

You beat me!?! Congrats! Resto or a good one?

I've been looking on/off for a decent one since most of you guys were in primary school, had to pass up the best one I found to one of the guys on this forum because my son arrived 2 weeks before it came up for auction...not a great time to buy.:cry:

Patient...I'm like freakin' Yoda.

thanks mate.

going from the pics i'm going to say 'mild restoration' but i suppose i'll see once it gets here, i'm prepared for a full blown restoration.

it's going to be taken back to bare metal anyway so yeah.

yes, Laggy6's is immaculate and i'm sad that i didn't notice it come up for auction. i would have bidded fiercely if i'd seen it.

funny story actually.

I was at lunch with the family and was talking to an uncle about how difficult it was to find one (he used to have a Z back in the day).

he told me that he'd keep an eye out in canberra for me where he lives but to just not be put off at how long it was taking as I would find one eventually.

when I got home, I got onto Gumtree and searched for one in SA with no luck, then on a whim checked QLD gumtree and found an ad with very little description, I think it was something along the lines of 76 240k coupe, very rare, manual, factory dark green.

I called the owner with zero hope of it actually being there still only to find that he'd posted the ad about ten minutes before I called. he sent me some photos, we agreed on a price and now the car is on its way to me.

it was just one of those things where the universe delivered I guess.

cheers,

Declan.

funny story actually.

I was at lunch with the family and was talking to an uncle about how difficult it was to find one (he used to have a Z back in the day).

he told me that he'd keep an eye out in canberra for me where he lives but to just not be put off at how long it was taking as I would find one eventually.

when I got home, I got onto Gumtree and searched for one in SA with no luck, then on a whim checked QLD gumtree and found an ad with very little description, I think it was something along the lines of 76 240k coupe, very rare, manual, factory dark green.

I called the owner with zero hope of it actually being there still only to find that he'd posted the ad about ten minutes before I called. he sent me some photos, we agreed on a price and now the car is on its way to me.

it was just one of those things where the universe delivered I guess.

cheers,

Declan.

Fantastic!!

Mine has a similar story - just a case of great timing. Bet it feels good to know one is on the way down the coast to you right now!