IGNORED

WTB: Datsun 240K Coupe

degruch

Hi all,

Yes, yes...I know, join the queue...as per my post on ozdat and other forums, I'm looking for a Datsun 240K Hardtop (cooler) or the right Sedan (more practical - but I really want the coupe), as close to original condition as possible.

Can't afford an immaculate resto (several years searching, haven't seen one advertised anyway), definitely don't want a project, a good daily runner is the target. Prefer a South Australia car, but send me a PM and let me know where you are (in Australia), what you've got and what price.

Cheers,

Duane

:beer:

Edited by degruch

Sucks to be me.

I didn't bother looking at the primer grey SA one (Sigma Turbo wheels), or the nice original looking yellow Victorian coupe on eBay a few months back, because they were both too 'rough'...then my job situation changed, and I had to take a drastic reduction on my goal of buying a fully restored car (not that they seem to exist!). I still want one, with less outlay, but missed those couple in the meanwhile. :mad:

Found plenty of projects, but I've got 2 projects and no shed space left. Besides, I want a runner I can use.

If anyone has any leads, I'd really appreciate it.

ROFL

No, I'm good for it. I was all over Adam's blue one (Victoria) in 5 seconds flat...it would have been in my garage right now if it didn't stay in his family. So that gives you an idea of the cost and condition I'm considering.

Basically, I want a good original runner I can drive and fix, not a wreck to restore, or a show car for $30k. Still, I'd never knock back a gift Kenmeri if someone wanted to give one to me.

I'll post some pics of 'ideal candidates' later.

OK, attached is the sort of thing I'm looking for/expecting...if you have something for sale, please PM and tell me what you've got, and what it's worth. The more original, the better.

My apologies if these cars belong to anyone here, I just picked them off the 'net. Happy to remove if it's a problem.

Of course, I'm more than happy to consider something in better condition, as it will end up being this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ZE4pehCGY&feature=related

..or this:

http://www.righthanddrivejapan.com/view/main2.php?p=viewVehicle.php&C=98&pg=1&Id=250

Drool. Just can't afford this sort of car right now.

Cheers,

Duane

post-24618-14150815483531_thumb.jpg

post-24618-14150815483857_thumb.jpg

post-24618-14150815483992_thumb.jpg

post-24618-14150815484557_thumb.jpg

Stop it...ya killing me!

My wife and I had just had a baby with Laggy's car appeared at MGS Auctions, so it pained me to let that one go (even more now I look at the thread on his car...looks fantastic!).

Something will appear one day...I've been searching carsales.com, Gumtree and eBay every day for 2 years, so not much escapes my notice. I guess this thread is to cover anything that pops up unadvertised - then I can stop admiring from afar and have some fun!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...