IGNORED

Pricing 240z Rally Clock w/ Fully Functioning Oscillator?

dhp123166

2 hours ago, Gav240z said:

@Greg received the oscillator box today, I will open it when I get it home. Just wanted you to know it arrived.

Yea, just checked tracking on it. 11 days in customs. I wonder if they opened it. Must have looked suspicious under xray with that plug hanging off the circuit board like that.

I hope we're not on any lists anywhere.  I will find out the next time i fly. If there is SSSS on my boarding pass i'm gonna be mad.

Next time list the contents as mobile phone remote trigger. :). Nah it will be fine.

I once went through the airport with a couple of AM radio's out of a 240z and got asked what was in the bag. When I showed them, they didn't think much. But I guess the old school looking electronics raised some suspicions.

I was expecting the same when I went from the US back to Australia with a couple of Rally Clocks in a cardboard box, but they didn't ask anything about those. I took them as carry on, as I didn't want to them to get damaged / lost in check in luggage.

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2018 at 5:52 PM, borini63 said:

How about the non running one knob Rally Clock...are they worth something? I just got one with blue numbers (77-78)

Ive had about 10 or so of these and have never had a bad one. They're quartz and very reliable. Are you sure it's dead?

On 2/3/2018 at 2:52 PM, borini63 said:

How about the non running one knob Rally Clock...are they worth something? I just got one with blue numbers (77-78)

These tend to be quite a bit cheaper than the early ones. Maybe $150-$200 in working shape.