280 Z ign.... - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280 Z ign....

Featured Replies

Merry Xmas all!!

I have the mallory dual point ign. in the '74. This is the car with the stroker, would I be better off putting the electric ign from my old 280 in?

I've never done the swap, is it hard?

Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks, have a great holiday!!

Brian

Uh well, no. Haven't done it, that's the reason I posted the link so I wouldn't screw up the directions....:stupid:

Mine is going to get the Crane XR whenever it is back in one large, bolted together piece....:cross-eye

B, I installed an ignition from a'79 zx and did away with the ballest resister and used the '79 coil. Works great , next time I see ya I'll show you how to do the install. You can go to geocities.com/engine/html and go to the end of all the info. there is a diagram on how to do the mod. Gary

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.