IGNORED

The new vinyl is in

philbar73

The new vinyl is in. I still have a few bumps to rub out but I'm happy..... I put in the new rugs to see what it would look like. It was a lot of work to get the MSA kit to fit well, I had to pull and stretch and heat the material but in the end it fit OK.

post-20445-14150815204804_thumb.jpg

post-20445-14150815205446_thumb.jpg

post-20445-14150815206044_thumb.jpg

post-20445-1415081520664_thumb.jpg

post-20445-14150815207295_thumb.jpg

The rear strut covers in the MSA kit are pre-sewn, one-piece, and after several failed attempts at installation, had a shop do it. I'm very impressed that you were able to get them to fit well. Kudos!

Thanks for the good words; I am getting excited about getting it on the road after 27 years of storage. This is the fourth summer I’m working on it but it will be ready in about a month. I can only give it about one day a week.

It was hard, about 8 hours over two days of working at it. That did include Dynamat on the floors and transmission tunnel and padding on the transmission tunnel under the vinyl.

The shock tower and front wheel arch covers were separate pieces. The shock tower and back wheel arch covers were one pieces. It would have been allot harder if it was all one pieces. The shock towers were the hardest part.

I glued the top flat surface of the shock tower first pulling like heck to get it to conform then did the sides. The flat panel behind the transmission tunnel took a little work too. I wound up making the sides that hit the vinyl on the transmission tunnel tight leaving a little extra material on the top over the tunnel. Then I carefully worked the vinyl there to compress the material to make it fit.

I looked at it and dry fit the parts over and over before I got out the glue.

If I had to do it again I could most likely do it in half the time.

Thanks again for the good words and encouragement.

I don't know about the sill rubber. I found one of my old ones in a box from 4 years ago but have not found the other side. I may have kept it as pattern. I may need to make them or find them also.

Edited by philbar73