IGNORED

Modern Motorsports - anyone recently placed an order?

EricB

Hi all

Has anyone successfully placed an order on modern-Motorsports.com?

I've been trying for a couple months with no luck.

I get to the shipping address section of the checkout process, hit Next and can't proceed further, it always returns me back to the same window.

I've emailed them repeatedly about this and the only answer I get is a semi-automated one saying the webmaster will have the cart issue resolved in a couple days... But it's been over 2 months...

Anyone else having this issue?

I tested on both Safari & Firefox to see if maybe it was a web browser issue and got the same result...

-e

Wow... what a thread...

bummer, too...

I've gone out an bought 89-94 240SX calipers and a set of 83-84 300ZX rotors and all I need is Ross' bracket to complete my rear disc swap...

If he's not answering emails (or his phone, I just checked and it rang and rang), has anyone made a similar bracket with the correct spacing for this combination?

Thanks,

-e

I have had similar problems with obtaining 300ZX CV adaptors, I have sent him the cores along with a personal check, his preferred method of payment, for the modified adaptors and shipping costs and frankly don't know where I stand. I did get several emaisl - copied below. Perhaps he's just resetting his operation and all will work out.

Ross has also indicated that his machining operations fro the modified ones and billets are performed "back East". I followed the instructions on his website.

I have quite allot invested in getting a set of 300ZX CV axles and getting them rebuilt, is there an other source.

EdK

-----Original Message-----

From: modernmotorsports@gmail.com [mailto:modernmotorsports@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Modern Motorsports Ltd.

Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:21 AM

To: Ed Kuipers

Subject: Re: 300ZX CV Conversion Package, with tips attached.

Ed, thanks for your notes and apologies for our slow replies.

The mated sets are not a v. quick item for us to turn around. We'll

confirm receipt of our cores later today and then they'll ship back to

US on Tues (long weekend here coming) with an extra charge related.

Then be welded up their etc. Billet's typical choice of vast majority

but we retain the welded option as a lower cost choice.

I know accountant hasn't deposited your check, I'll look for it.

Paypal's certainly simpler, can we upgrade you to billet and discount

it $35 as aid to our slow responses?

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Ed Kuipers <adjer@rglobal.net> wrote:

> Ross,

>

> Can you inform me when I will receive the adaptors? Has my check cleared? I

> can also pay using PayPal if this will speed things up. Just destroy the

> check.

>

> Ed

• 2 weeks later...

So after months of trying to place an order on the site and having no luck due to some issues with the way the site was programmed, I did actually get through successfully on Fri May 20. I ordered a set of the rear disc adapters (minus rotors) for $315. I followed all the instructions on the site and have received an order confirmation email with order # and so on...

Now it's been two weeks and so far no news about when they might be shipping out.

The phone number listed in the hybridz thread just rings and rings and rings

i've tried calling it at different times of the day

emails are going un-answered too, whether i use the contact form on their site, or if I email them direct...

We'll see what happens...

I'll update if parts turn up or if I give up on waiting and seek a refund through paypal

-e

Edited by EricB

I received an email from Ross yesterday with a link to PayPal. So I just bought a set of billet flange adapters, hopefully all this will come to a happy ending. Otherwise I am stuck since I sent him my flange adapters as cores and would not be able to use the stock drive shafts. He is suppose to give me credit for the cores and applied to the billets.

Thanks, EdK

• 3 weeks later...

I've now received most of my parts!

I ordered the rear disc conversion bracket kit (brackets + hardware + clevis pin conversion + brake lines + kvr pads but without rotors) on May 20.

I received the KVR brake pads straight from the manufacturer on Friday June 17.

I received the brackets + hardware but without brake lines from Ross today June 23.

I'll give him a call and ask if the brake lines are coming direct from a third party vendor...

Yes, like Adam said, it does take a while, but the stuff does get there in the end...

-e

I have been on this thing since beginning May, about 1 1/2 weeks ago I received the hardware for the

CV flange adapters. So, things seem to be slowly moving along. Hopefully Quicker than 3-6 mos.

BTW: How's the quality of the parts received?

EdK

I've now received everything. The brake lines did in fact come from a third party (here in LA) so now I'm good. As with my previous Modern Motorsports order I'm very happy with quality. You just can't be in a rush to receive the parts. It took a total of 5weeks for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone been successful in ordering in the past week? I got the calipers first since I thought they may be hard to come by locally, but can't get an order for the rear brake kit placed. The payment options are credit card, which I see elsewhere he doesn't actually take and Paypal (the pay later by check/money order doesn't show up). Unfortunately Paypal won't process any payments to Modern Motorsports, so the order form can't go any further. :disappoin