IGNORED

Wheel Spacer Help!

nhines3

Hey guys I got a set of wheels with tires last fall for a super steel. A buddy of mine practically gave them to me. The problem is they don't fit my 280. I tried to put them on but they were just touching the coils on the front. What Im wanting to know is what spacer size I need and where they can be had the cheapest. Im pretty much a noob about all this so forgive my stupidity.

The stats:

5 spoke

ADR 58 18x7.5

Tires: NANKANG Ultra Sport NS II

215 35R18 84H

This is pretty much the wheel I got, with a slight cosmetic difference: http://www.maxspeedperformance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=12429&cat=22

They came off a 2000 Infinity g20

Thanks guys!

Edited by nhines3

WAG - 25mm.

To be certain, you're going to need to find the offset of those wheels. For a 7.5" wide wheel, you probably want a total offset of around +10 or so. So if the rim offset is around 35 (as I'm guessing), a 25mm spacer will give you an effective +10.

The offset may be stamped on the back side somewhere, sometimes as 'offset', others as 'ET'.

42? Ouch. You'll need 30-35mm spacers then. Spacers that thick should not require longer studs, as they will bolt to the existing studs and have built-in studs for the wheels to bolt to. They won't be cheap.

You got pics of the new wheels on the car?

I'll post some pics of the wheels and the insides of the wheels. Im going to sandblast and repaint them a different color before I put them on the car though. Pics to come later today.

Ouch, et40, or +40 offset... Arne is right you'll need either a 30 or 35mm spacer. It will bolt on the existing studs and have another set of stud the wheels will bolt to.

I"m not sure where to find a spacer larger than 30mm. You might need to do some searching

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Kics_Wheel_Spacer

You may also be better off getting a wheel that fits better. The cost of the spacers alone are basically another set of wheels.

I found a pair on ebay for $85, so that would be $170 for all four. Considering those wheels are $150ish a piece without the tire, Im going to make them work. I got the whole set with tires for $140, so Ill be into it for $315 by the time im done.

Motorsport Technology has spacer/adapters where the spacer bolts to the hub and the wheel to the spacer. Running longer studs and 30-35mm of spacer would be asking for trouble.

If you give them the hub OD and wheel ID they will custom make them both hub and wheel centric. I have a set on the front of my Datsun 1200 racecar.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/