Two questions: floorboard and roof - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Two questions: floorboard and roof

Featured Replies

I am starting to retore a '76 280z with my daughter and have a couple of questions:

1. Where can I buy a floorboard panel to go under the driver's side seat without having to buy the whole floorboard kit? I only have 1 spot of rust under the driver's seat and would like to buy a formed piece if possible - but not the whole kit.

2. Anyone ever do a roof replacement? I have a sunroof that I would like to do away with. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

You could get a patch, their is a salvage yard in Erie (not the one on I-25) that only does Japanese cars they might be able to help. If you get luck enough to go in the yard and you know your Japanese cars you are in for a treat. They have 6 Toyota 2000GT, 9 mid 70's Cosmo's, 2-3 mid 60's Honda's, and more. Atleast they did 6-7 year a go.

They have 6 Toyota 2000GT, 9 mid 70's Cosmo's, 2-3 mid 60's Honda's, and more. Atleast they did 6-7 year a go.

Id love to see pictures of this shop..

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Yeah, did a search right AFTER the post - not too bright I guess. I found the Arne, that is definitely the way to go. I also have the guy I bought the z from for parts - he said a clean donor roof will be $80.00. Now all I need is the driver's side rear floor board patch...

I found the Arne, that is definitely the way to go.

Speaking from the perspective of three years later, yes, it was the right way to go. No issues at all. I love having a slick-top.

Speaking from the perspective of three years later, yes, it was the right way to go. No issues at all. I love having a slick-top.

How many hour of work was put into the swap?

According to the post in my original thread on this, I was invoiced for 14 hours for the roof work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.