IGNORED

Oil drain plug location

sdelage

Thanks for all your email i did buy a oil pan gasket but it is not a cork one mine is a Fel-Pro OS 20076 a little bit thicker than a cork gasket (BRIAN)or should i exchange it.The reason i want to have them finish the job is because i have pay $$$ for the job allready,i may think to do it myself as you sugested but if i tell them to install the gasket and i found a pan at a reasonnable price then if they dont do the job so it doesnt leak any more then i will ask for my money back and never return back.This is my reasonning and i might be wrong but at this point i have nothing to loose just an other trip to the dealer and in the future i will look for a small shop who deal with Z in Tucson.

Again thanks for Helping.

Regards

Sergio

Bruce, I think it depends. The PO of my Z had his maintenance done by the local dealer and was on a first-name basis with the mechanic. I talked with the mechanic on the phone once and discussed the fuel pump check valve. He told me where I could probably find one and even rattled off the part number for memory. This is just to say there are sometimes old-timers on staff at these dealerships. It's not a common thing, but sometimes it happens.

No quarrel with you at all. It's just they aren't making MORE of those old timers that may have qualified as a mechanic. Getting to be more and more of a crap shoot to find one.

The point is Sergio, that you probably don't need to waste good dollars on another pan, when it will have exactly the same distortion at each bolt hole, as your own one has. The gasket you have sounds just fine. Thicker is good.;):)