IGNORED

SU Cold Air Intake Options?

Duffman

Bruce Palmer, Z Therapy, made the comment on another thread about how effective the original airbox is on the Z, especially if you extend the air intake to the front of the radiator to draw in cooler air to both carbs. This made me rethink my current set up (K&N tuna cans) and put some thought to some plumbing ideas to make the original airbox arrangement more effective. Living in the desert heat makes me sensitive to improving the airflow to my SUs! Would those of you with customized cold air intake setups with the original airbox care to display your work? Any ideas on companies that provide the best setups? Open to any thoughts on this. Thanks!

I'm going to take the tube/corrigated hose that goes from the airbox to the exhaust manifold area (which preheats the air in the winter) and run it forward through the radiator support where there is already a hole. I happen to have a spare flange and funnel shaped piece from part of the exhaust system that will fit the hose perfectly. This will be bolted to the radiator support.

This will allow cold air from the front, but utilize the stock filter.

• 3 weeks later...