IGNORED

Z's in Brasil

Mike

Okay, so, I've been to Brasil twice in the last 3 years. Each trip usually consists of visits to other cities, towns, and counties. Most of my travel has been concentrated in the lower part of the country, which is considered Southern Brasil.

Anyway, from what I've seen (or NOT seen), there are no Zcars here. After speaking with a few of the locals, it appears that Nissan didn't import the Z into South America in the 70's? Some people have seen the car on TV and at various points in time, but, none of these people have actually seen one in person or driving on the streets.

I've noticed that vehicles in Brasil are not cheap. You can easily double the price for cars. For instance, a simple $15k Honda Civic in Brasil will cost approximately $30-35k (in USD) at the current exchange rate (1.7R to 1USD) at the moment = ~$60k Reis.

Because of this fact, I have seen a lot of older cars in much better condition. For some of the population, it's more feasible to maintain an older car than it is to buy a new one. There are, however, less people driving fixed up classic cars here. Most of the vehicles I've seen are daily drivers. Very rarely do I see any kind of hot rod driving down the street.

Anyway, after saying all of that, does anyone else have experiences or know of any Z's in South America? I'd love to hear from you.

Mike

:beer: