IGNORED

dual webers 280z

antsorce

I'm putting a pair of weber 32/36 downdrafts on a 280z. I have an n33 intake and the cannon mounts. theres also a connector bar on the intakes where the egr and linkage rod are attached. seems like a lot was plumbed into the connector bar water air ect. does anyone know a link that shows set up for this? or is this a similar setup i could find in a 240 or 260 manual. thanks for any help.

it seems difficult to find any information on this set up! I've done some more research but still have two questions.

Question 1: It seems as though coolant runs through both the intake and the balance tube is this correct.

Question 2: what if anything do the ports on the cannon intake connect to?

please any information would be great.

alright. well i think i'm just going to cap everything off, except for pcv, brakes, and dist advance. I'll run coolant through the intake and leave the cannon plenum's alone. I'll post my results if anyone has any interest. I know this isn't the most desireable carb set up but sometimes you gotta run what you got. again if anyone has any input it would be appreciated.

Because of the intake design, fuel has a tendency to pool under the carbs, especially when cold. If your cannon intake provides a means to run coolant then I'd plumb it in. You'll find drivability better with those Webers when the warmed intake is vaporizing the fuel. You can always bypass it in the summer months if desired but you'll not likely notice a seat of the pants performance difference. If you go over to www.carfiche.com you can likely download the service manual and microfiche for your car to see where everything goes. If it says TNA next to your car just wait an hour or so and look again. The owner swaps a variety of models around so his server isn't overwhelmed. Also consider a modest donation to keep this free site available. It takes time and money to provide this service to us. I have no affiliation with carfiche. It's just the right thing to do. My personal opinion is the SU's are hard to beat unless you've got a fire breathing monster high rpm track car requiring triples to feed it. I run a pair of Bruce's rebuilt SU's in my 240Z and couldn't be happier. Again, no affiliation. That said, run what makes you happy. The Webers offer great flexability if you have the parts and skills to tune them.

Edited by ezzzzzzz

I've run Weber's on a variety of cars and trucks. If you've got FI your first approach should be to figure out what is wrong. The FI on a daily driver is hard to beat and these systems are really simple by comparison to the OBDII FI of today. If you're convinced you want to run carbs (and you don't already have a Weber kit on the shelf in the garage) then find a good SU setup on one of these Z forums. Heck, I've got a complete intake and filter housing (needs cleaning up) for SU's. You'd only need the carbs. Just one man's opinion.

Post details of your car and issues in a new thread. Describe how the car acts, if the problem is only when it's cold, hot, idling, accelerating or decelerating, constant, etc. Be prepared to do some troubleshooting. The FI is really quite simple. Just a few sensors. It's a process of elimination to fix problems. Folks here will bend over backwards to help if you're willing to help yourself. The Houston Z club has some great people in it too.