IGNORED

Weber carb rebuilds

sklein239

If they ran fine before, you most likely have the wrong float levels. I have found that setting the float levels by measuring between the cover and the float is only half accurate. The best bet is to remove the butterfly caps when the carbs are full of fuel, and measure the fuel level with a "dipstick" of sorts. Higher fuel levels bring the main jets on sooner...and vice versa.

BTW I have a friend that I lost communications with who lives in Boynton Beach. He drives a blue corvette with a tan ragtop last I heard. From your photos, it looks like he might even live near you.

Edited by cygnusx1

I second Dave, fuel level is very important, it's a tedious job to get it right and it have to be within half a millimeter, find out the measurement and use a dial caliper.

Here is some good information about Webers and here is some very good reading about setting up Dellortos, you can use the same principes, you just have to find the right fuel level for Webers.

As a side note, remember this: always get your ignition right before your fuel delevery.

Good luck

Chris