IGNORED

ZCCNV Fall Tour 2010

zlady

Oh, man, we were just out that way -- well, south of there, anyway. We brought back a nice virus from Virginia Tech.

The fall colors are in their peak (well, just passing their peak, I suppose) here in the Tidewater area. We took a ride along the Colonial Parkway today. It was cloudy and drizzly, but the colors were spectacular. I understand we have some 20 mph weather coming in, so I guess that's the end of the colors for this year.

For those of you who don't know the Colonial Parkway, it's one of the obligatory drives in this country. The Colonial Parkway is probably as pretty in the fall as the Pacific Coast Highway is the rest of the year. It's a slow drive (45), but always just gorgeous. Another great fall drive is the Hocking Hills area of Ohio. Then there's Spring in the Texas Hill Country -- around Brenham! Ah, the wildflowers!

My car is now doing wonderfully, and it was a delight to drive. (I wish we could have taken it to VA Tech, but I still had some fuel issues then.) I don't think there was ever a better road car than the 240/260/280Z. :)

Thanks for an insight into your lovely countryside ZLady. I just love the Fall colours, or Autumn as it's known here. Unfortunately where we live, there is not the sudden cold snap to change the colours so dramatically. We have to travel a bit to see what you have shown us.We are just heading into summer and looking forward to club runs and viewing places just like you folk do.

The old wagons are of interest. We have museums with the old stage coaches that were run by Cobb and Co back in the late 1800s.

Thanks for the compliments on the photos. :classic:

We actually lucked out with the leaves still being on the trees and the awesome colors last weekend. Here we are actually past peak but because we haven't had alot of rain the last few weeks they were there for us to see.

Now today with all this rain it is a different story...........the season of beautiful leaves is now the season of raking.LOL