1971 Datsun 240Z U-Joints - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1971 Datsun 240Z U-Joints

Featured Replies

My local Nissan dealer told me that Nissan/Datsun half-shaft u-joint model number 37126-VB925 is no longer available. Most of the posts that I have read recommended Nissan/Datsun u-joints over all other brands. Now that thye are unavailable what is the next best brand and model number for the half-shafts that I should purchase for my 1971 Datsun 240Z?

I ordered mine through MSA. I haven't received them yet so i don't know how good they are.

carl

  • Author

I just picked up my special order drive shaft u-joints from Nissan this morning for my 1971 240Z. Nissan Part #37125-49W25. Attached are pictures of the part. The manufacturer is KS-VGI and there is an "N" engraved on the spider body. A web search of KS-VGI came up empty. I would like to purchase the half-shaft u-joints (Nissan Part #37126-VB925) that Nissan no longer has from someone. Does anybody know who the manufacturer is, what the "N" stands for and where I might be able to purchase them?

post-19065-1415081186776_thumb.jpg

post-19065-14150811868063_thumb.jpg

post-19065-14150811868302_thumb.jpg

post-19065-14150811868551_thumb.jpg

  • Author

I just got off the phone with Nissan Customer Service- Parts Division. They confirmed that both the driveshaft and halfshaft u-joints are still for sale for my 1971 240Z despite what my local Nissan dealer said. The part numbers are:

Driveshaft: 37125-49W25

Halfshaft: 37126-VB925

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.